Kevin in Liberia

Its Purpose: to raise awareness of current social, political, ethical, and spiritual issues within a relief and development context in Liberia. Its effectiveness is simple: It relies on me, the author, to provide insightful, and often debate-sparking material that will encourage you, the reader to get engaged through comment contributions, emails, and promoting others to read, re-think, and respond to the important issues discussed.

I know not which is most profitable to me, health or sickness, wealth or poverty, nor anything else in the world. That discernment is beyond the power of men or angels, and is hidden among the secrets of your Providence, which I adore, but do not seek to fathom. ~ a prayer by Blaise Pascal

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Tribute to Kaitrin

Well, one more expat has now left the building. Kaitrin Both, the quirky Australlian who Ryan thought didn't like him when they first met, is the next one who is leaving. She's leaving World Vision and Liberia for the greener grass in Australia. We've had the priviledge to share some fun times with Kaitrin whether it was taking picture around Monrovia, fish fries at the World Relief house, or those many buffets at the Royal Hotel. Like i said in a previous post, there are some people who you know you'll want to keep in touch with and some who will probably just slip through the cracks. I think Kaitrin's quirkiness definately fits in the lattice somewhere. I'll miss hearing her say "I know..." in her Australian accent which actually sounds like "I knoy." We all had our final buffet with Kaitrin at the Royal today and now she's inbetween the Royal Hotel, her apartment, and the airport. Bon voyage Kaitrin!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Gaillie said…

    Oh, Kev! You are losing all your friends! :(

    But it's good sometimes to have a happy kind of sad- happy cause you have shared many GTs and have great memories

    Those are much better than the tragic kind of sad

    Blessings :) Mom

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger amazedlife said…

    Kevin, your blog rocks. Not that I'm prejudiced by the fact that it's about Liberia or anything. But I am.

    I'm thrilled to have found it since:
    1. I lived in Liberia for ten years before the war and I'm always interested.
    2. I'm coming next summer and can use all the info on the current happenings that I can get.
    3. It reminds me of two lovely years working in Rwanda...

    I'll have questions for you when I get closer to heading over there (end of May/beginning of June), but for now, keep the stories coming.

    marie

    ps. i'm interested to hear more about the problems you are having at work - having worked for a christian NGO in Rwanda and studied both law and development, i'm always interested and maybe even useful...

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Kevin Aja Fryatt said…

    marie elizabeth...

    email me - kevin.aja.fryatt@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google