Kevin in Liberia

Its Purpose: to raise awareness of current social, political, ethical, and spiritual issues within a relief and development context in Liberia. Its effectiveness is simple: It relies on me, the author, to provide insightful, and often debate-sparking material that will encourage you, the reader to get engaged through comment contributions, emails, and promoting others to read, re-think, and respond to the important issues discussed.

I know not which is most profitable to me, health or sickness, wealth or poverty, nor anything else in the world. That discernment is beyond the power of men or angels, and is hidden among the secrets of your Providence, which I adore, but do not seek to fathom. ~ a prayer by Blaise Pascal

Thursday, February 02, 2006


Post-Conflict Liberia
Posted by Kev-o-rama

4 Comments:

  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Cadley Dad said…

    Keep up the good work Kevin.

    I've heard about the new working Traffic Lights in Monrovia,
    is that new news or old?

    Did you get any pictures from up the Omega Tower?

    All the best
    Ian

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Kevin Aja Fryatt said…

    Working traffic lights? Not as far as I can see! Its going to be extremely interesting to see once they are installed because I'm willing to gamble and say that nobody knows how to use them! I did get some pictures from the top of the Omega Tower...scroll down a bit...there should be one from the top there with the guidewires branching out in all directions

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Kevin Aja Fryatt said…

    Oh wait, I hear that there are two working traffic lights in Monrovia (Freeport area) and nobody knows what to do when they come upon them....not even the expats!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Cadley Dad said…

    Hi Kevin,
    I got the photo of the wires, I can't believe I've never heard of such an awesome structure.

    On the traffic light thing, apparently drivers in Monrovia who only been driving for about fifteen years have never seen working lights.

    If you get chance and are bored, please enlighten me about the infrastructure out there, postal services, sewers and water, public transport, you get the picture.

    I'll probably never get there myself, but at the moment I have this mental picture of Monrovia being something akin to the filmset for Dogs of War! with Christopher Walkden, you may be too young to remember!

    Take Care
    Ian

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google