Kevin in Liberia

Its Purpose: to raise awareness of current social, political, ethical, and spiritual issues within a relief and development context in Liberia. Its effectiveness is simple: It relies on me, the author, to provide insightful, and often debate-sparking material that will encourage you, the reader to get engaged through comment contributions, emails, and promoting others to read, re-think, and respond to the important issues discussed.

I know not which is most profitable to me, health or sickness, wealth or poverty, nor anything else in the world. That discernment is beyond the power of men or angels, and is hidden among the secrets of your Providence, which I adore, but do not seek to fathom. ~ a prayer by Blaise Pascal

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Liberia Under President Tubman's Rule

This is a great video that shows the Republic of Liberia during President Winston Tubman's time in office. Although I am able to point out certain landmarks, others looks so well developed that they are difficult to recognize!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Gareth Evans said…

    Dude

    This is an awesome video. Glad it has been kept to show what Liberia was like.

    Imagine.

    Hope things are improving? How is work? I need to head back to Africa soon. I miss the heat!

     
  • At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the memory ride. I was in Liberia at ELWA during 1969 as a kid...Liberia was quite an awesome country at that time. Really sad to see what happened since then. My prayers go out to the country that God would help them and help them out of their paganism.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google