Kevin in Liberia

Its Purpose: to raise awareness of current social, political, ethical, and spiritual issues within a relief and development context in Liberia. Its effectiveness is simple: It relies on me, the author, to provide insightful, and often debate-sparking material that will encourage you, the reader to get engaged through comment contributions, emails, and promoting others to read, re-think, and respond to the important issues discussed.

I know not which is most profitable to me, health or sickness, wealth or poverty, nor anything else in the world. That discernment is beyond the power of men or angels, and is hidden among the secrets of your Providence, which I adore, but do not seek to fathom. ~ a prayer by Blaise Pascal

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Rainfall in Monrovia, Liberia


In a Western setting a picture like this would be labelled as 'explicit', but not in Liberia. When it rains in Liberia it really rains. Monrovia has the highest annual rainfall of any city in the world - 200+ inches a year and rain is an excuse for young Liberian kids to rip their clothes off and play in the torrential flood of water.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:21 AM, Blogger MJ said…

    This sure makes me miss Africa. June is almost here and I will feel at home once again.

    MJ

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Gaillie said…

    That looks like fun!

    I wanna do that!!!

    Think I'd get away with that in wet and rainy British Columbia?

    Keep the photos coming!

    Love Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google