Kevin in Liberia

Its Purpose: to raise awareness of current social, political, ethical, and spiritual issues within a relief and development context in Liberia. Its effectiveness is simple: It relies on me, the author, to provide insightful, and often debate-sparking material that will encourage you, the reader to get engaged through comment contributions, emails, and promoting others to read, re-think, and respond to the important issues discussed.

I know not which is most profitable to me, health or sickness, wealth or poverty, nor anything else in the world. That discernment is beyond the power of men or angels, and is hidden among the secrets of your Providence, which I adore, but do not seek to fathom. ~ a prayer by Blaise Pascal

Monday, August 20, 2007

A Small Cockroach Problem at the SP Guesthouse

Well, lately we've been facing a problem with cockroaches and ants in our kitchen. They tend to come out at night so if you're up late at night going for a drink of water in the kitchen you could spot what seemed like hundreds of ants and the odd cockroach scampering here and there. Well, we sprayed some magic 'SpryGone' spray and these pictures are the results we got. It seems like the spray worked. I seriously wanted to vomit as we cleaned this mess up. It was absolutely disgusting and wrong on so many levels!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Joy said…

    Kevin, you guys cleaned house! Man alive!

    That green can does do the trick (it makes me want to vomit after spraying with it. Here's another trick for the future. Put a clove of garlic where you don't want cockroaches to go: drawers, shelves, kitchen etc...it helps keep them out of those areas...

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Kevin Aja Fryatt said…

    I'll have to try that out because I almost vomited at the sight of this last night.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was a memory of living in Liberia that I could easily suppress!!

    Ugh... now that brought memories back...

    Cue "Bugs" from Pearl Jam:

    i got bugs
    i got bugs in my room
    bugs in my bed
    bugs in my ears
    their eggs in my head
    bugs in my pockets
    bugs in my shoes
    bugs in the way i feel about you
    bugs on my window
    trying to get in
    they don't go nowhere
    waiting, waiting...
    bugs on my ceiling
    crowded the floor
    standing, sitting, kneeling...
    a few block the door
    and now the question's:
    do i kill them?
    become their friend?
    do i eat them?
    raw or well done?
    do i trick them?
    i don't think they're that dumb
    do i join them?
    looks like that's the one....

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger MJ said…

    That is something I've never seen before and I don't think I ever want to see. My advice: Don't eat it that kitchen.

    Where have you been!? I haven't talked to you in a while, friend.

    MJ

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Kevin Aja Fryatt said…

    Hey MJ,

    We've got no choice. That's our kitchen! I've been around although work has been super busy for me lately. Budgeting time is just around the corner and its always a busy time for the finance guy.

    Seren is in town now. She got in last night so that might keep me busy too. I haven't seen you online at all lately either so hopefully that can change.

    Anyways, thanks for the comment!

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would spray it again to be safe. After, Make sure everything myou have in the kitchen is sealed in a container or a bag to to be safe. You're right, it's your kitchen and you have to eat in there. Good luck.

     
  • At 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kevin,
    We emailed a few months ago. I'm going to be traveling to Liberia and staying for six months beginning in June. I'm going to be writing for several Christian organizations, including SIM and Prison Fellowship International, while I'm there.

    This pic certainly is not a welcoming one!!!

    I'd love to be able to ask you some questions about prep/packing. Also, I've started a blog for my trip. It's www.beautifullybroken.typepad.com/liberia
    Hope to connect!

    I've started a blog for my trip

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google