Kevin in Liberia

Its Purpose: to raise awareness of current social, political, ethical, and spiritual issues within a relief and development context in Liberia. Its effectiveness is simple: It relies on me, the author, to provide insightful, and often debate-sparking material that will encourage you, the reader to get engaged through comment contributions, emails, and promoting others to read, re-think, and respond to the important issues discussed.

I know not which is most profitable to me, health or sickness, wealth or poverty, nor anything else in the world. That discernment is beyond the power of men or angels, and is hidden among the secrets of your Providence, which I adore, but do not seek to fathom. ~ a prayer by Blaise Pascal

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Surfing Robertsport, Liberia

One of the few Liberian surfers scouting the rainy season waves at one of the beachbreaks at Robertsport

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger Dono & Laurie said…

    Great picture!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Kevin Aja Fryatt said…

    Thanks.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger BRE said…

    I've just written and published a post about a recent study on land reform and natural resource governance in Liberia. At the end of that post is a link to a TIME magazine article about surfing in Robertsport. The article is titled Postcard from Robertsport: Tell Charles Taylor We're Surfing.

    I wish that I had known about your blog and this post before publishing that piece as I am very interested in learning more about this former tourist area of the country. I was not aware that it was close to the border with Sierra Leone and bordered a large lake. Do you have more photos of this area online at Flickr or some other photo-sharing site? If so, please let me know.

    Thanks,
    Bill @ Jewels in the Jungle

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Kevin Aja Fryatt said…

    Hi Bill,

    Yeah, I've seen that article written by Johnny. I took him and freelance photographer Chris Herwig up to Robertsport that day to check it out. It was their first time up there and I think they enjoyed themselves. Surf wasn't so good that day but Johnny still got a published article out of the trip.

    I do have more pictures of Robertsport and I'll post more of them when I get the chance.

    Cheers.

     
  • At 2:53 AM, Blogger Luis Corcino said…

    Tell me abou Liberia

     
  • At 2:54 AM, Blogger Luis Corcino said…

    Liberia tell abou

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google