Kevin in Liberia

Its Purpose: to raise awareness of current social, political, ethical, and spiritual issues within a relief and development context in Liberia. Its effectiveness is simple: It relies on me, the author, to provide insightful, and often debate-sparking material that will encourage you, the reader to get engaged through comment contributions, emails, and promoting others to read, re-think, and respond to the important issues discussed.

I know not which is most profitable to me, health or sickness, wealth or poverty, nor anything else in the world. That discernment is beyond the power of men or angels, and is hidden among the secrets of your Providence, which I adore, but do not seek to fathom. ~ a prayer by Blaise Pascal

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Liberian Civil War Video Footage



It is interesting to read and see what Liberia has come through. I think its only after you truly understand the atrocities of the civil war that you can try and fully understand Liberians. This video isn't much, but its a start.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger MJ said…

    This video reminds me of Blood Diamond.

    Hope youre practicing those surfing moves. I sure am not. Snowboarding is coming along nicely on my side.

    MJ

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Gaillie said…

    Kevin, do you encounter people who are still traumatized by the war?

    How are the people recovering?

     
  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Kevin Aja Fryatt said…

    I think the whole country is pretty traumatized by the war but people are coming along 'small small' as they would say here.

    Things are looking up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google